Ernestine Wiese London ’52
Ernestine Wiese London ’52 passed away June 26 in Moody. She married James London in 1953, and they were the first couple to be married in the newly built First Baptist Church in Moody. They moved to Odessa in 1983, both pursuing careers in education, and returned to Bell County in 1987 to the property that had belonged to Ernestine’s grandparents since 1895. There they enjoyed their retirement years, raising cattle in the beautiful central Texas countryside. She volunteered at King’s Daughters Hospital, was a member of the Bell County Chapter of the Republican Women of Texas, the Alpha Delta Kappa teacher sorority, and the BSU. She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church, where she volunteered with the food pantry, and she also attended Moody-Leon Methodist Church.